Are you curious what daily prices are set by hotels in your area? Today is your lucky day.
In this post, I’m going to share how you can fetch the following information:
- Daily hotel price data
- Historic hotel price data
- Hotel occupancy data
- On-line ratings data
Hotel price data
This includes the prices hotels are charging today in your area.
To download and analyze this data on your computer:
- Login to the Hotel Price Reporter dashboard.
- Click on Rate comparison and then Tabular view
- Pivot the price data you are looking for using the page filters and press Update
- Once the page loads, click on Download as spreadsheet
- Load the data into Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets
Historical hotel price data
If you want to access pricing data for a given date in the past, here’s how you can do just that.
Login to the dashboard
Click on Price evolution
Select the hotel you want to download historical price data for, including the date, the length of stay, and anything else you want to add and click Search.
- To download this information, click on the Download plot button
Hotel occupancy data
This data can help you see the occupancy levels in your local market. When combined with the hotel price data it could be a useful indicator of the performance of the local area.
To get access to local occupancy data:
Sign in to the dashboard
Navigate to Local demand and then Download as spreadsheet
- Load the data into Excel or Google Spreadsheets
Beyond pricing data
Pricing is a variable with an ever growing strategic importance. But it’s not the only one.
There is a ton of data available in the public domain, concerning travel and the hospitality industry. The problem is how to extract and organize this data, for it to be useful.
Other than pricing data, Hotel Price Reporter mines on-line reviews, review scores, price parity information and local events. All of which can have an impact on hotel prices.
Sign up to one of our plans today.